I am super excited to announce that I've partnered up with the shops at Mic Mac Mall to share with you some inspiration for trendy items to pack for a sunny destination, and to have on hand for the Summer here in Halifax (I know its hard to believe right now, but Halifax will have sun and warmth once again!) I've browsed the racks at the mall and I've picked my favorite pieces to share with you. From the perfect sun hat and swimsuits, to the cutest tote and most practical of sun protection, Mic Mac really seems to have it all for the upcoming summer!
Okay, I had too much fun creating the graphic above, but for practicality, I've posted a stand-still graphic complete with numbers and descriptions below of where in the mall you can find these beauties!
- Aldo- "Smolin" espadrilles in white. Espadrilles are in this season, and Aldo mastered them with that 1 inch platform.
- H&M- The cutest sunnies...
- H&M- ...and the cutest palm print sunglasses case to protect them!
- H&M- V Neck tank in pastel pink. Pastels are on trend this spring, and this flowy romantic top suits the colour perfectly.
- Dynamite- "Three Row Statement Necklace" in gold. Wear this to instantly radiate "beach goddess".
- H&M- Lace trimmed short tank in grey/white. This top is adorable, and would look great paired with a pair of jean shorts...(see no.15 for the cutest pair I've yet to see).
- La Vie En Rose- the "Trilby" hat, aka the perfect sun hat.
- American Eagle- Printed corset dress. The perfect summer beach LBD (little black dress)... with white polka-dots?! American Eagle, thank you.
- Forever 21- Striped headwrap in black and white. These vintage looking headwraps are in. Toss one on to instantly look "Parisian-summer-chic"
- Claires- gold hammered honeycomb bracelet. This bracelet is a beauty. For those with tiny wrists (the problem is real), it gives a bangle like appearance, without all of the slipping and falling off!
- GAP- "Zip leather crossbody" in fairy pink. Whether you will be browsing the little local vendor shops in a warm, sunny country this winter/spring, or strolling down the Halifax boardwalk this summer, you'll need a lightweight crossbody to carry your valuables. Leave it up to the GAP to create this beautiful romantic pink crossbody for us all to drool over. Although its genuine leather, it has a reasonable price tag, so we can drool over it... while wearing it (rejoice!).
- Forever 21- "Totes Magotes" tote. You will be "totes magotes" the coolest girl at the beach with this one, and I don't need to explain why.
- Nine West- "Authority" sandal. Strappy sandals are in this season, and these heeled sandals are perfect to pair with your cutest sundresses.
- Shoppers Beauty Boutique/ Hudsons Bay- Clinique Super City Block in SPF 40. This is my favorite facial sunscreen for many reasons. It is an oil-free, sheer formula that protects against sun an environmental damage with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection. It is excellent for sensitive skin, is oil-free, and bonus: it's jam packed with antioxidants. It comes in both SPF 40, and SPF 25. The texture is my favorite trait, it is nice and light and does not leave a greasy residue feeling upon application. It has a tiny bit of a tint to it that disappears when you apply (I like to think the tint evens out my skintone). Also, you know that yucky feeling of applying makeup on over a thick SPF? Well say good-bye to that, because this works as a makeup primer, and actually helps foundation blend on the skin!
- American Eagle- "Destroyed lace hem shortie". Destroyed denim shorts are a trend this summer and American Eagle one-upped the trend by polishing these off with adorable lace pocket trim.
- H&M- I've shared this bikini before, but it remains one of my favorites this year. I am loving the geometric lines, and the sporty look.
- Hudson's Bay (Topshop)- Any of you who have read my blog know that I have got a major crush on this one-piece, and I don't think I need to explain why! This is available at Hudson's Bay online only, however I suggest you walk into the Bay at Mic Mac and have them order it for you through their system (that way shipping is free!). I purchased this a month ago. You can read my recent blog post here for some info+advice on how the fitting works before you order.
I hope you've found some inspiration from my finds at Mic Mac Mall. Happy shopping, and above all, keep your chin up and remember...there is sun coming in our near future (rejoice)!