1. Pick a statement lamp, and locate it to the farther side of the bedside table. This keeps the light soft and away from your face while laying down.
2. Lean a piece of framed art, or a mirror against the wall to frame the bedside table. They each look beautiful, but it is easier to lean a piece of art if you do not want to put holes in the wall. Mirrors placed here reflect the light from your lamp and are great for brightening up the room!
3. Introduce a floral piece, whether fresh or faux! Michaels has beautiful faux stems with fabric petals. The pink hydrangeas and garden roses in the "Girly" styling example were purchased at Michaels. The stems were around $12-$15 each but they are great quality. If you are on a budget, the Dollar Store's selection has improved over the years and they've got some beautiful stems as well. Flowers not only add a pop of colour, but also freshen up the room (I don't think I need to further explain why we should always have flowers in our house!)
4. I often keep a candle by my bedside, however I rarely light it (it is more for looks/fragrance). Be very careful if you do ever light it, your sheets are not far away and it can be very dangerous!
5. I always forget to take my jewels off before I lay in bed, and so I have grown accustomed to having a dish on my bedside table to ensure they will not roll off the table when I take them off and leave them there for the night!
6. I also always keep a fragrance and hand/lip product on my bedside table. The cream and lip product of course to hydrate my skin before bed, but the fragrance simply because I am a perfume-a-holic. I love spraying a spritz of fragrance to fall asleep to (it can be very relaxing, I encourage you to try it!).
I've posted three different styles of bedside styling for your inspiration. No.1 "Girly", is styled with delicate ballet slipper pink, and clean lines. No. 2, "Glam", is styled with romantic red roses, and pops of sparkle. No. 3, "Modern" is styled with clean lines and minimal/modern pieces. Below each, I've added which shops the pieces are from.
Which is your favorite?